I'm having difficulties signing in to access my Fairchild Books course materials or instructor resources
Beginning May 16th 2023, Fairchild Books products including printed textbooks, eTextbooks, Studios, and packages will be available for purchase and to request as exam copies from www.bloomsbury.com/fairchildbooks. You can read more about the Fairchild Books website migration on the frequently asked questions page here.
What content is available in Bloomsbury Fashion Central?
Bloomsbury Fashion Central is a dynamic digital hub for interdisciplinary research in fashion and dress. The site is comprised of multiple collections, each of which is available for individual purchase, via subscription or perpetual access.
- Berg Fashion Library contains academic eBooks, reference works, and thousands of invaluable color images, providing a rich interdisciplinary Fashion Studies resource
- Fairchild Books Library contains textbooks covering the full range of fashion education, from design and construction through to the fashion industry and history
- Bloomsbury Fashion Business Cases contains case studies from across the fashion industry, covering sustainability, ethics, design, marketing, and much more
- Bloomsbury Fashion Photography Archive contains photographs and supporting materials covering forty years of contemporary fashion, showcasing the evolution of today's most iconic designers
- Bloomsbury Fashion Video Archive contains nearly 3,000 spectacular fashion show videos from Paris, London, New York and Milan, covering 1979-2003
- Bloomsbury Dress and Costume Library combines practical and historical eBooks; reference works with global coverage - including the exclusive new The Encyclopedia of Film and Television Costume; object study videos; expert contextual articles; and a visual historical timeline.
A seventh collection, Bloomsbury Digital Fashion Masterclasses, will be added to the site in April 2023.
Is the content included in Bloomsbury Fashion Central available online anywhere else?
Berg Fashion Library:
- The Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion is available in digital format exclusively via Bloomsbury Fashion Central, as are teaching and learning materials.
- Although eBooks are also available to purchase in print and e-copy individually, they are fully-indexed exclusively for the resource and can be cross-searched with other related content from across the collections on the site.
- Museum partnerships bring together fashion objects held in disparate collections across the world through an exclusively applied classification system, enabling sophisticated search and browse.
Fairchild Books Library:
- Textbooks are available to purchase in print and e-copy individually, but are fully-indexed exclusively for Bloomsbury Fashion Central and can be cross-searched with other related content from across the collections on the site.
Bloomsbury Fashion Business Cases:
- All business cases are commissioned specifically for Bloomsbury Fashion Central and available exclusively through it.
Bloomsbury Fashion Photography Archive:
- All images are owned by Bloomsbury and available exclusively through the Bloomsbury Fashion Central.
- All article content is exclusive to the resource.
Bloomsbury Fashion Video Archive:
- The YNAP Runway Archive Collection includes large amounts of rare fashion show footage pre-dating the rise of digital formats, and is available to the educational market exclusively through Bloomsbury Fashion Central
- All article content is exclusive to the resource.
Bloomsbury Dress and Costume Library:
- The Encyclopedia of Film and Television Costume is available exclusively via Bloomsbury Fashion Central.
- Classic titles in the Fashions In series by Richard Corson and Norah Waugh’s Cut of Men’s Clothes and Cut of Women’s Clothes are available exclusively in digital format for the first time.
- Other eBooks and the ABC-CLIO reference works included are also available to purchase in print and e-copy individually, however they have been fully indexed exclusively for the resource and are cross-searchable with other related content from across the collections on the site.
- Contextual articles by leading dress historian Valerie Cumming have been written exclusively for the collection.
- The expert Object Study videos have been specially produced for the collection.
Will the resource be updated?
- Berg Fashion Library is updated with new eBooks and exclusive article content every 6 months.
- Fairchild Books Library is updated with new textbook titles five times a year.
- Bloomsbury Fashion Business Cases is updated with new and exclusive business cases every 6 months.
- Bloomsbury Fashion Photography Archive is complete and no longer being updated.
- Bloomsbury Fashion Video Archive will be updated with a final batch of exclusive articles in 2022, after which the collection will be complete.
- Bloomsbury Dress and Costume Library will be updated annually, with its first update to come in autumn 2024, followed by an update in spring 2025.
Who is the resource for?
Bloomsbury Fashion Central is an invaluable resource for fashion and dress students, researchers and instructors. The resource will also be relevant to those in a range of related disciplines such as art history, anthropology and business studies.